Recent Commercial Posts
Commercial fire damage also means commercial water damage
Fire damage to be one of the most distractive and devastating losses that property owner can experience.
When you experience a fire at your commercial property it can take a lot to get it back to what it once was, but that's what we're here for!
When you experience a fire at your commercial property, it comes with fire damage of course but also water damage.
When the fire department comes out they almost always put out fires with water. This typically causes water damage to materials that weren't originally affected by the fire.
When you call us at SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island after a fire at your Pawtucket commercial property, we can take care of both the water and fire damage!
What are team gets on-site, we will immediately begin extracting the water to eliminate any standing water. Once the water is gone we can then begin the fire restoration process!
At SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island, we also offer document drying!!
As a business owner, it can be extremely devastating if many important documents are lost due to water damage, that's why we offer the drying! We can help you in almost every aspect to get back to business!
When you call us, you'll get a team of people who understand and care about your unique situation. We know how important it is to you to get back in business will work as fast as humanly possible to make that happen for you!
If your business or commercial property experiences fire damage contact us by calling 401-949-9955.
Commercial Restoration Services - Northern Rhode Island
There is never a convenient time for your business to get flooded or for a fire to strike. That's why at SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island we have technicians on call 24/7, we can work after hours, at 9pm or at 2am. Anything we can do to get your business back up and running!
No job is too big for us at SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island! We have access to a Large Loss Division, which is composed of our best of the best!
We have the training, experience, and technology to handle any size disaster!
Our technicians are certified in
- Water Damage Restoration
- Applied Structural Drying
- Odor Control
- Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning
Whether your business is
- Retail Stores
- Office Building
or any other commercial building, call us (401) 949-9955!
SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island is locally owned and operated, so we'll be faster to any disaster!
We want to get your business looking "Like it never even happened."
Common Causes of Commercial Water Damage -Rhode Island
COMMON CAUSES OF COMMERCIAL WATER DAMAGE
If your commercial building has suffered or is suffering from water damage, it could be caused by some of these factors:
If your building is older, or the windows aren’t properly sealed, this can cause moisture to sneak in, causing mold, and warped wood or drywall.
Broken or damaged pipes are one of the main causes for water damage in commercial buildings. Detecting damaged pipes can be challenging, but if you have regularly scheduled inspections, it can prevent any future damage if it is detected early on.
Of course, a leaky or bad roof can cause water damage. Especially in the winter and spring with snow and heavy rains.
It is important that proper snow removal is done when it snows.
if your commercial building suffers from water damage, call us at (401)949-9955 we’ll get the job done fast, so you can get back in business!
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram
Be sure to check out this weeks "Homeowner Tip Of The Week" blog, and check back every Tuesday & Thursday for new blogs :)
Commercial Fire Damage in Rhode Island
Our teams are experienced in limiting interruption to your business, school, or patients, working after hours and around the clock if needed to isolate and restore the damage.
Some of our commercial clients include:
- Retail stores
- We can handle a disaster at a small school, or at a university campus. We will work quickly to restore this situation.
- Healthcare facilities
- Our teams are specially trained to handle hazardous waste materials, comply with HIPPA regulations.
- Our teams are trained to comply to health codes, food safety, and environmental concerns.
- And more
Each type of commercial building is different and unique. At SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island, our teams are trained to handle all types of fire damage in all types of facilities!
Commercial fire restoration comes with its own unique challenges. We will respond quickly and manage the project throughout the process until the end! We will get your school, restaurant, or nursing home back in business in no time!
Call us today if you are in need of a commercial fire restoration! (401) 949-9955
We are proud to be able to serve our local communities!
- Central Falls
- And more!
go to: https://www.SERVPROnorthernrhodeisland.com/commercial-cleaning
Commercial Services SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island
Keep your ducks in a row with SERVPRO
SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island specializes in disaster restoration for your home or business in Northern Rhode Island areas like Smithfield, Woonsocket, Cumberland, Lincoln and surrounding areas. We specialize in performing restoration services for both small and large-sized businesses.
We have the advanced technology to get the job done for you and your business. Whether it's a nice restaurant or a large retail chain like Walmart, we do it all with our certified crew and industry-leading technology. Our water extractors and dehumidifiers help with the drying of the water and the surrounding air. Our air-scrubbers deodorize the air since moisture causes odor.
Watch our commercial to learn more about what we do - https://youtu.be/keBmsNhwAtg
Call SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island at 401-949-9955
National Preparedness Month & Hurricane Dorian
National Preparedness Month
Disaster restoration specialists at SERVPRO® of Northern Rhode Island reminds Rhode Island property owners that September is National Preparedness Month. This month comes right during hurricane season, and with Hurricane Dorian happening it is more important than ever to have a plan of action.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepared a week-by-week calendar of recommended actions property owners can take to be ready in case of fires, flooding, or another disaster in your commercial property.
Week 1. Create an emergency plan that includes signing up for emergency alerts and making contingency plans for shelter, evacuation, and family communication.
Week 2. Learn life-saving skills. CPR is a good place to start, but also be certain you know how to turn off the utilities in your home and ensure your smoke and CO detectors are properly installed and working.
Week 3. Check your insurance coverage. Once the emergency is over, appropriate and sufficient insurance will be key.
Week 4. Plan financially for the possibility of a disaster. Gather and organize important home, business, insurance, financial, and personal documents and keep them up-to-date and stored in a secure, water-and-fire proof location.
“There’s a difference between surviving a disaster and recovering from a disaster,” says McKendall. “Families and businesses who take the time to create both a short- and long-term plan to deal with the unexpected are better able to respond quickly if the unexpected happens, which can improve their chances of survival. Having key information at their fingertips in the aftermath of the emergency can set them on the path to recovery more quickly and with less stress.”
We understand that when a disaster happens in your business, a lot is at stake. We encourage business owners to download the SERVPRO READY app for free at https://ready.SERVPRO.com/home/mobileapp. The app allows users to store essential contact information, where it can be accessed with a smart phone in seconds. For local business owners who designate SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island as their disaster mitigation and restoration provider, SERVPRO professionals will conduct a no-cost assessment of their facility, and help the property owner complete a comprehensive Emergency READY Profile® (ERP).
For more information on SERVPRO® of Northern Rhode Island, please contact our office at (401) 949-9955
For more information on SERVPRO® and the SERVPRO® Emergency READY Program - visit www.ready.SERVPRO.com.
Keeping Commercial Property Safe - Rhode Island
Commercial Cleanup and Restoration - Drain Cleaners
Messes happen in your business/commercial property. - There's no way around it. We're human. Customers are coming in and out, students are living in the dorms, and patients are having their appointments/surgeries. Somebody may spill something or substantial mold growth in moist, unclean areas may occur. Commercial property owners should regularly clean and maintain their building, since appearance plays a role in the customer/student/patient experience.
A chemistry review
A chemical or solution is either considered an acid, a base (alkaline), or neutral depending on its pH level. Drain cleaners, for example, come in a couple forms - acids, bases, and bleach. For example, the popular cleaner Drano is a base.
Harmful Mixtures - Remind your employees or cleaning crew to never mix these together!
Bleach + Vinegar = Not good and causes external and internal chemical burns
Rubbing Alcohol + Bleach = Chloroform - really bad
Hydrogen peroxide + Vinegar = Not Good - even two natural cleaners can cause harm to you if mixed
Two separate, non-hazardous (or natural) ingredients on their own have the potential to create harmful substances when in contact with each other.
Good news - If your business needs cleanup and restoration, call SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island at 401-949-9955! We use certified sanitation agents to effectively and safely clean your business.
8 Tips To Protect Your Commercial Property from Flooding
Business Safety Tips for Your Commercial Property
Business Owners - This one's for you!
Establishing a North Smithfield business is an exciting venture, but you might not ask yourself, “What if a flood or natural disaster occurs?”. Being prepared for anything in life is so important, especially if a lot of money is on the line. Here are important tips for when your commercial property has encountered flooding or storm damage. These tips will especially come in handy if you have a basement in your Rhode Island business.
8 Flood Prevention + Safety Tips for Your Business:
- Develop a Comprehensive Plan – Establishing a simple, straight-forward protocol for when a flood strikes can benefit yourself and your employees. Substantial communication is the key.
- Consider Flood Insurance – Damages from flooding can get very, very expensive. Damages can cost thousands and thousands of dollars. With insurance for your commercial business, you can have some peace of mind in the case of flash flooding or an unexpected storm.
- Inspect Area – Inspecting the area for any signs of water damage during severe rain is a good preventative measure. Looks for cracks and darker spots in the walls, ceilings, and flooring.
- Sump pump – Installing a sump pump will prevent water from seeping into the foundation.
- Waterproof membrane – Apply a waterproof seal around the areas you think water might enter. Filling in any cracks as well can help.
- Back-Flow Valve - Installing this in your main sewer pipe will prevent sewage backup.
- Anchor Fuel Tanks – Keep your fuel tanks anchored to prevent them from flowing away, falling over and spilling fuel into the area.
- Keep Calm and Call SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island at 401-949-9955 24/7 for your commercial or residential property.
Commercial Building Water Cleanup - Cranston, RI
Commercial Building Water Cleanup - Photo made with Canva Photo Editor
Cranston, Rhode Island - Commercial Building Water Cleanup
When the call came in from this commercial building property owner we were on it fast to help extract the excess water and start the drying process.
Commercial water damage causes different variables to get the job done fast and do it and clean with care. Once on site, our crews need to move fast and evaluate all areas
The first order of business is to remove the water to prevent further areas being affected. The next step is to evaluate the flooring and walls to decide what to do to restore the property to its preloss condition.
The time spent cleaning up is critical to the property owner, and we understand that your time and money are important. This is why we are fast to the job and available any time.
If you suffer water damage or flooding in a commercial building, please call SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island @ 401-949-9955
It'll be, "Like it never even happened."
Commercial Vandalism in Lincoln, RI
SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island will act quickly to remove vandalism and graffiti from home and commercial spaces. In addition to removing spray-painted graffiti from exterior walls, we also clean driveways, walkways, asphalt, metals, wood, glass, plastic, and masonry. Our highly trained technicians can offer the following services:
As experts in deodorization, SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island Franchise Professionals are trained to identify and eliminate offensive odors. These odors can come from a number of sources both inside and outside a structure.
- SERVPRO teaches IICRC technical classes in the proper removal of odors. Masking and other short cuts don't work when your odor problem is serious or persistent.
- Your local SERVPRO Franchise Professional has the training and equipment to identify and eliminate these offensive odors. By identifying the cause of the odor and determining the conditions in which it contacts any surfaces, the odor can often be removed over time without a trace.
- The science of identifying and eliminating odors can be a tricky thing, so give your local SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island Franchise Professional a call, and leave the restoration to us, call (401) 949-9955.
The Right Equipment
SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island understands that using the proper equipment makes a measurable difference in reducing claims loss expense. When time matters, technology and equipment must be counted on to perform. Our professionals will answer your call with fast action, exceptional equipment, and trained uniformed personnel. Certainly, the right tool for the job is vital to timely mitigation, but perhaps more important, these water damage professionals thoroughly understand how to dry a structure and personal property effectively.
Psychrometry is the study of air and its properties. The properties of temperature, humidity, vapor pressure and dew point are measured to evaluate air conditions in the structure, enabling a SERVPRO Franchise Professional to create the proper atmosphere for more efficient drying.
Water can damage materials in two ways: first, by absorption through direct contact with water; and second, absorption of moisture from the air. Measuring the moisture content of the air is critical to the drying process.
Restoration professionals must establish an environment favorable for drying. The restoration professional must also understand how to manipulate temperature and humidity levels to produce optimum drying conditions, without causing secondary damages through improper drying processes.
Commercial Fire Damage - Pawtucket, RI
Fire damage is no easy task, but as experts in the restoration field, we are trained and experienced to handle any disaster!
After any fire damage situation, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
Have A Fire or Smoke Damage Emergency? Call (401) 949-9955!
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
Finding the source of the fire typically leads us to determine how to clean and remove soot particles.
For more information, please visit our Facebook page!
Commercial Services - Northern Rhode Island
At SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island, we understand how devastating flooding and water damage can be to your business. Maintaining a clean and safe environment, could make all of the difference between completing a business transaction or not. To ensure that your business does not get disrupted upon experiencing a water damage, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need!
SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island has the necessary training, experience, and equipment to handle small and large scale flooding and water damage emergencies. Our highly skilled technicians are thoroughly trained in the areas of:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Applied Structural Drying
- Odor Control
- Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning
SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island can respond immediately to your commercial water damage emergency regardless of the size or scope of the damage. We are part of a national network of over 1,700 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale events and disasters.
For more information, please visit our Facebook page!
Hurricane Preparedness - Northern Rhode Island
Having an emergency plan in the event of a natural disaster will help your business quickly recover. SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island has put together these steps to ensure you are ready before a hurricane hits:
It’s important to review the properties insurance policy with your insurance agent. Discussing the hazards of a hurricane can make you better prepared. Make sure your policy fully covers you for flooding, damage, and cleanup to prevent costly issues after a storm.
Don’t wait until after a hurricane passes to deal with the damage. Prevent damage before it happens by following these steps:
- Clean drains, gutters, and downspouts of the buildings
- Remove antennas or loose objects from the roof
- Bring in display racks and other objects usually left outside. Secure all loose objects, such as trash cans, which might cause damage during strong winds.
- Remove outdoor signs, especially those that swing or are portable
- If the building has exterior glass frontage, clear out that section of the building as much as possible and use shutters or board up to protect the glass. If you have no shutters or boards, strong masking or duct tape may be used. Tape in an "X" fashion on the inside of the glass to reduce shattering.
- Secure your vital records and data and be sure all your important information is backed up and accessible should you not have access to your computers or network.
- Move merchandise, equipment or furniture from windows and glass skylights to protect them from water damage.
- Relocate files, boxes, computers, office machines, and other equipment to the innermost portion of the building or a safer location.
- Do not leave boxes or equipment on the ground floor; elevate them by placing items on desk or table tops.
- Cover merchandise, office machines, specialized equipment, file cabinets, copy machines, computer terminals, etc. with tarpaulins or plastic sheeting and secure with sturdy tape.
- Close all windows and draw blinds or drapes.
If you experience damage to your business caused by a hurricane or storm you may need professional help. SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island is a trusted leader in storm damage cleanup and restoration expert.
For more information on steps to take to protect your business visit our website or call SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island today at (401) 949-9955.
Commercial Biohazard - Cumberland, RI
After the police have finished processing a crime or accident scene, the cleaning and restoration process can begin. Many times, crime and accident scenes have blood and other biohazard contaminants that pose a serious health risk. SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island Franchise Professional's will respond immediately and have the specialized training, protective equipment, and experience to safely clean trauma and crime scenes.
SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island technicians follow OSHA and EPA protocols to help transform an unsafe environment back into a clean, safe home or business. Their first focus is always safety, since crime or accident scenes may involve bloodborne pathogens, harmful chemicals, and other dangers. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals will always treat your property and the people involved with the greatest empathy and respect in the face of trying circumstances.
Crime Scene and Trauma Cleaning Services
- Fingerprint powder and evidence-gathering chemicals
- Tear gas and pepper spray residues
- Fire extinguisher residue
- Blood, bodily fluids, and tissue remnants
Crime Scene Residues
From fingerprint powder and evidence-gathering chemicals to tear gas and pepper spray residues, SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island Franchise Professional's can clean and restore your property after a crime scene investigation.
SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island Franchise Professional's remove and dispose of bodily fluids, tissue and other potentially pathogenic substances resulting from accident, trauma, crime or death. Trained SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island Franchise Professionals clean, disinfect and deodorize the structure.
SERVPRO realizes many of the chemicals used in the production of illegal drugs such as methamphetamine are volatile and can leave harmful residues throughout a structure. SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island Franchise Professionals follow federal and state guidelines to properly clean all surfaces.
SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island at (401) 949-9955!
Here at SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island, we offer a wide array of commercial services that can turn any rundown office space into a safe, clean, and enjoyable atmosphere no matter what the damage may entail. Whether your business requires professional cleaning to make it shine, or emergency water and fire repair, we have the training and expertise to make any situation, “Like it never even happened.”
These commercial services include, but are not limited to:
- Small Office Buildings
- Large Office/High-Rise Office Buildings
- Apartment Buildings
- Small Retail Stores
- Large Retail/Big-Box Stores
- High-Rise Residential
- Manufacturing and Industrial
We understand how disruptive any disaster to your company may be. That is why we make our Disaster Recovery Team available 24 hours, 365 days a year.
With Mother Nature, always expect the unexpected. The winter of 2014 can be a testament to just how devastating the cold weather and snow can be in the Northeast of the United States. That is why it is overwhelmingly important that you have an emergency plan in place for this upcoming winter. Not only does having a plan prepare you for the worst, but it makes any disaster restoration situation go as quickly and as smoothly as possible. Our goal is to minimize any disruption to your clients, while delivering superior results that we know YOU deserve.
SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island is part of a national network of over 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises that have one purpose and one purpose only; to serve you and your business in a time of need. If you would like to read more about our commercial business services, please visit our website or give us a call at (401) 949-9955. We have the training, the tools, and the drive to make any situation, “Like it never even happened.”
Smithfield - Commercial Water Damage Cleanup
SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island Franchise provides emergency water restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays. You can expect an immediate response time, day or night.
A Fast Response Is Crucial
In many cleaning and restoration situations, immediate action is needed. With over 1,700 U.S. and Canadian Franchise locations, SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island is strategically positioned to be faster to any size emergency.
An immediate response helps to minimize the damage, as well as the cleaning and restoration costs.
Water is particularly invasive, quickly spreading throughout your property and being absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, etc. SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island Franchise Professionals arrive quickly and start the water extraction process almost immediately.
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increases dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.