Recent Commercial Posts
Cranston Rhode Island Commercial Building Water Cleanup
Cranston Rhode Island Commercial Building Water Cleanup
When the call came in from this commercial building property owner we were on it fast to help get the water out and start the drying process.
Commercial water damage causes different variables to get the job done fast and do it and clean with care. Once on site, our crews need to move fast and evaluate all areas.
First is to remove the water and then evaluate the flooring and walls to decide what to do to restore the property to preloss condition.
The time spent cleaning up is critcle to the property owner.
If you suffer water damage or flooding in a commercial building
call SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island
Commercial Vandalism in Lincoln, RI
SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island will act quickly to remove vandalism and graffiti from home and commercial spaces. In addition to removing spray-painted graffiti from exterior walls, we also clean driveways, walkways, asphalt, metals, wood, glass, plastic, and masonry. Our highly trained technicians can offer the following services:
As experts in deodorization, SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island Franchise Professionals are trained to identify and eliminate offensive odors. These odors can come from a number of sources both inside and outside a structure.
- SERVPRO teaches IICRC technical classes in the proper removal of odors. Masking and other short cuts don't work when your odor problem is serious or persistent.
- Your local SERVPRO Franchise Professional has the training and equipment to identify and eliminate these offensive odors. By identifying the cause of the odor and determining the conditions in which it contacts any surfaces, the odor can often be removed over time without a trace.
- The science of identifying and eliminating odors can be a tricky thing, so give your local SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island Franchise Professional a call, and leave the restoration to us, call (401) 949-9955.
The Right Equipment
SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island understands that using the proper equipment makes a measurable difference in reducing claims loss expense. When time matters, technology and equipment must be counted on to perform. Our professionals will answer your call with fast action, exceptional equipment, and trained uniformed personnel. Certainly, the right tool for the job is vital to timely mitigation, but perhaps more important, these water damage professionals thoroughly understand how to dry a structure and personal property effectively.
Psychrometry is the study of air and its properties. The properties of temperature, humidity, vapor pressure and dew point are measured to evaluate air conditions in the structure, enabling a SERVPRO Franchise Professional to create the proper atmosphere for more efficient drying.
Water can damage materials in two ways: first, by absorption through direct contact with water; and second, absorption of moisture from the air. Measuring the moisture content of the air is critical to the drying process.
Restoration professionals must establish an environment favorable for drying. The restoration professional must also understand how to manipulate temperature and humidity levels to produce optimum drying conditions, without causing secondary damages through improper drying processes.
Commercial Fire Damage - Pawtucket, RI
Fire damage is no easy task, but as experts in the restoration field, we are trained and experienced to handle any disaster!
After any fire damage situation, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
Have A Fire or Smoke Damage Emergency? Call (401) 949-9955!
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
Finding the source of the fire typically leads us to determine how to clean and remove soot particles.
For more information, please visit our Facebook page!
Commercial Services - Northern Rhode Island
At SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island, we understand how devastating flooding and water damage can be to your business. Maintaining a clean and safe environment, could make all of the difference between completing a business transaction or not. To ensure that your business does not get disrupted upon experiencing a water damage, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need!
SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island has the necessary training, experience, and equipment to handle small and large scale flooding and water damage emergencies. Our highly skilled technicians are thoroughly trained in the areas of:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Applied Structural Drying
- Odor Control
- Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning
SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island can respond immediately to your commercial water damage emergency regardless of the size or scope of the damage. We are part of a national network of over 1,700 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale events and disasters.
For more information, please visit our Facebook page!
Hurricane Preparedness - Northern Rhode Island
Having an emergency plan in the event of a natural disaster will help your business quickly recover. SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island has put together these steps to ensure you are ready before a hurricane hits:
It’s important to review the properties insurance policy with your insurance agent. Discussing the hazards of a hurricane can make you better prepared. Make sure your policy fully covers you for flooding, damage, and cleanup to prevent costly issues after a storm.
Don’t wait until after a hurricane passes to deal with the damage. Prevent damage before it happens by following these steps:
- Clean drains, gutters, and downspouts of the buildings
- Remove antennas or loose objects from the roof
- Bring in display racks and other objects usually left outside. Secure all loose objects, such as trash cans, which might cause damage during strong winds.
- Remove outdoor signs, especially those that swing or are portable
- If the building has exterior glass frontage, clear out that section of the building as much as possible and use shutters or board up to protect the glass. If you have no shutters or boards, strong masking or duct tape may be used. Tape in an "X" fashion on the inside of the glass to reduce shattering.
- Secure your vital records and data and be sure all your important information is backed up and accessible should you not have access to your computers or network.
- Move merchandise, equipment or furniture from windows and glass skylights to protect them from water damage.
- Relocate files, boxes, computers, office machines, and other equipment to the innermost portion of the building or a safer location.
- Do not leave boxes or equipment on the ground floor; elevate them by placing items on desk or table tops.
- Cover merchandise, office machines, specialized equipment, file cabinets, copy machines, computer terminals, etc. with tarpaulins or plastic sheeting and secure with sturdy tape.
- Close all windows and draw blinds or drapes.
If you experience damage to your business caused by a hurricane or storm you may need professional help. SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island is a trusted leader in storm damage cleanup and restoration expert.
For more information on steps to take to protect your business visit our website or call SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island today at (401) 949-9955.
Commercial Biohazard - Cumberland, RI
After the police have finished processing a crime or accident scene, the cleaning and restoration process can begin. Many times, crime and accident scenes have blood and other biohazard contaminants that pose a serious health risk. SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island Franchise Professional's will respond immediately and have the specialized training, protective equipment, and experience to safely clean trauma and crime scenes.
SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island technicians follow OSHA and EPA protocols to help transform an unsafe environment back into a clean, safe home or business. Their first focus is always safety, since crime or accident scenes may involve bloodborne pathogens, harmful chemicals, and other dangers. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals will always treat your property and the people involved with the greatest empathy and respect in the face of trying circumstances.
Crime Scene and Trauma Cleaning Services
- Fingerprint powder and evidence-gathering chemicals
- Tear gas and pepper spray residues
- Fire extinguisher residue
- Blood, bodily fluids, and tissue remnants
Crime Scene Residues
From fingerprint powder and evidence-gathering chemicals to tear gas and pepper spray residues, SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island Franchise Professional's can clean and restore your property after a crime scene investigation.
SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island Franchise Professional's remove and dispose of bodily fluids, tissue and other potentially pathogenic substances resulting from accident, trauma, crime or death. Trained SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island Franchise Professionals clean, disinfect and deodorize the structure.
SERVPRO realizes many of the chemicals used in the production of illegal drugs such as methamphetamine are volatile and can leave harmful residues throughout a structure. SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island Franchise Professionals follow federal and state guidelines to properly clean all surfaces.
SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island at (401) 949-9955!
Here at SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island, we offer a wide array of commercial services that can turn any rundown office space into a safe, clean, and enjoyable atmosphere no matter what the damage may entail. Whether your business requires professional cleaning to make it shine, or emergency water and fire repair, we have the training and expertise to make any situation, “Like it never even happened.”
These commercial services include, but are not limited to:
- Small Office Buildings
- Large Office/High-Rise Office Buildings
- Apartment Buildings
- Small Retail Stores
- Large Retail/Big-Box Stores
- High-Rise Residential
- Manufacturing and Industrial
We understand how disruptive any disaster to your company may be. That is why we make our Disaster Recovery Team available 24 hours, 365 days a year.
With Mother Nature, always expect the unexpected. The winter of 2014 can be a testament to just how devastating the cold weather and snow can be in the Northeast of the United States. That is why it is overwhelmingly important that you have an emergency plan in place for this upcoming winter. Not only does having a plan prepare you for the worst, but it makes any disaster restoration situation go as quickly and as smoothly as possible. Our goal is to minimize any disruption to your clients, while delivering superior results that we know YOU deserve.
SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island is part of a national network of over 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises that have one purpose and one purpose only; to serve you and your business in a time of need. If you would like to read more about our commercial business services, please visit our website or give us a call at (401) 949-9955. We have the training, the tools, and the drive to make any situation, “Like it never even happened.”
Smithfield - Commercial Water Damage Cleanup
SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island Franchise provides emergency water restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays. You can expect an immediate response time, day or night.
A Fast Response Is Crucial
In many cleaning and restoration situations, immediate action is needed. With over 1,700 U.S. and Canadian Franchise locations, SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island is strategically positioned to be faster to any size emergency.
An immediate response helps to minimize the damage, as well as the cleaning and restoration costs.
Water is particularly invasive, quickly spreading throughout your property and being absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, etc. SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island Franchise Professionals arrive quickly and start the water extraction process almost immediately.
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increases dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.