If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (401) 949-9955

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

The Dangers of DIY Mold Removal - Lincoln

2/6/2020 (Permalink)

It's always best to contact SERVPRO when dealing with mold Call (401) 949-9955 if you suspect mold in your home or commercial building

Why is it dangerous to DIY remove mold?? 

- You probably don't know what is causing the mold in Rhode Island commercial building or home.

The best way to combat mold is to figure out the source of moisture. Sources can include:

  •  Humidity 
  •  Spills
  •  Leaking pipes
  •  And more

professional mold remediation company will know how to identify and eliminate the source, and the mold itself. 

- Not all mold is created equally!

Some kinds of mold are more dangerous and invasive than others. Again, only a professional can determine the severity of a mold situation. Sometimes you can see or smell it. Not all types of mold react to cleaning agents the same either. 

If you see or smell mold in your home, don't be temped to use bleach or other household cleaners to remove. Unfortunately, mold is not simple at all to remove, and should be handled by professionals. Trying to DIY remove the mold can actually make the situation worse!

Mold can spread and develop faster in bathrooms and kitchens than any other rooms in the home, because this is where the most moisture is present. Disturbing mold as a non-professional can cause it to become airborne, spreading throughout the home through air ducts, vents, your clothing etc. 

Leaving mold untreated, or treated poorly, can cause some health effects.

To get mold properly taken care of, it's best to call professionals. SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island has the right equipment and techniques to safely and effectively remediate your mold issues. 

Call (401) 949-9955 and visit our website for more information. 

This week's Homeowner Tip of the Week

Other News

View Recent Posts