Indoor and Outdoor fireplace safety for Cranston
During the summer and fall months, we all love to enjoy a nice fire with our friends and family (socially distanced of course) and some s'mores! While in the winter, some of us enjoy a nice fire in the fireplace inside. However you enjoy your fires, it's important that you are safe!
Indoor fireplaces/pellet/ wood stoves
Be sure your chimney and stove (if you have one) is inspected and cleaned by a chimney specialist once a year to ensure there is no creosote build up and no other issues. Keep the area around the fireplace clean and clear of any fire hazards. This can include decorations, tripping hazards, and any other flammable materials.
- Ensure the flue is open before igniting a fire
- Use fireplace gloves when adjusting the doors or screens
- Close the damper when the fire is completely out
- Control your fire
While most of us enjoy sitting outside by the fire with friends and family, enjoying a beautiful summer or fall night, it is always important to remember and be aware of safety and any hazards.
- Always use a designated fire pit
- Keep water nearby
- Never use a flammable liquid to start a fire
- Don't wear flowy clothing around a fire, always wear snug fit or short sleeved clothes.
- After you've had your fun around the fire, be sure the fire is doused with water and is fully extinguished.
Whether you're enjoying a campfire outside or warming up by the fire inside, always be sure you're practicing proper safety measures!
SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island is here to help you with any fire related damage. Our teams are highly trained to help guide you through the entire process. We'll make it "Like it never even happened."
Cranston clean up...Let us clean up your residential or commercial fire water smoke disasters and we will will clean it up with care and be your single source for your disaster cleanups Give us a call at (401) 949-9955, we're here to help!